Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Orleans Revisited: Let the Good Times Roll!














Think a moment about your travel preferences.  Do you want a staid and quiet place to explore, a place that doesn't "get in your face"? If that's what you'd like, think twice about choosing to visit New Orleans. If, on the other hand, you'd prefer a place that is vibrant and diverse, pack for a long stay and be sure to bring your debit card (parts of your stay can be expensive).

I liked New Orleans.  Besides being easy to get around by foot or "Hop on. Hop off" buses or street cars, there was such of variety of experiences to explore, all of them easily accessible. I walked the streets, rode the buses and street cars, and even finally took a Mississippi River steam boat ride.  Street corner bands, alley restaurants with menus appealing to the adventuresome, Bourbon Street where "anything goes", and many, many friendly people throughout the city. New Orleans has risen like a phoenix after Hurricane Katrina and encourages people to visit all of its vibrant diversity.  I honestly believe that if you enjoy travel that you should visit the city at least once in your life.  If nothing else, you will NOT find it to be boring.  Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Thank you for visiting the Tavern. I tried to show some of New Orleans' diversity  with this post-I hope that I did.  Feel free to stop by again.  I'll try to post more often than I have the last month or so. Next trip planned (October) Philadelphia & Maine.

Kerry

No comments: